Disable through the Control Panel
Note: You must be logged in as an administrator to perform this operation.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type in Power Options, and then press Enter.
- From the left menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
- Under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Click the Save changes button.
Disable using the Command Prompt
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and type in Command Prompt.
- Without pressing Enter, right-click the cmd icon that appears, then select Run as administrator.
- Type in powercfg -h off and press Enter.